Are you tired of breathing nasty fumes and listening to the endless noise of gas powered lawn mower? Or maybe you don’t have any lawn mowers at all and you are looking for one.
Either way, you are our lucky customer, because we have got the latest generation self-propelled lawn mower for you. These are the cordless self-propelled electrical lawn mowers.
They are quiet, efficient and most of all completely environment friendly. They run on batteries and most of them only require an hour’s worth of charge.
But the problem is that there are so many of them in the market and it can be tricky to find the right one. Well, you don’t have to worry, because we have prepared a list of the best cordless self-propelled lawn mowers of 2021.
We have researched and reviewed all the lawn mowers in the market and came up with this list all just for your convenience. So go ahead and give it a read.
Best Cordless Self-propelled Lawn Mowers
Here is our list of the best cordless self-propelled lawn mowers in the market. Check them out:
Greenworks 40V 21 inch Brushless (Smart Pace) Self-propelled Lawn Mower
- This Model of Greenworks self-propelled lawn mower has a brushless 21 inch cutting width.
- It has dual battery ports with automatic switching.
- It has a Smart Pace feature which helps it automatically adjust to users walking speed.
- It has 7 height positions.
- The batteries even include USB ports that allow you to charge Mobile Phones while mowing.
Greenworks have been developing battery-powered cordless lawn mower for a long time. This version of the 40 V cordless electric lawn mower offers a longer run time.
Their unique feature for dual-port battery support is simply smart. The two batteries don’t work together. Instead, the lawn mower uses one battery and when the first battery runs out, it quickly switches to the second battery.
Also, you can charge your mobile or other devices while mowing. The Greenworks batteries include USB charger ports.
They even have a Smart Pace feature. It helps the electrical lawn mower match its pace with the walker’s pace. This is the pinnacle of mowing technology. Why won’t you like it?
- Dual battery port feature.
- Silent brushless motor.
- The battery switches automatically.
- USB charge ports.
- Longer runtime with a double battery.
- Single lever adjustment.
- Smart Pace feature.
- Longer charging time.
- The battery loses quality fast.
- The battery and the charger need to be bought separately.
EGO Power+ 21 inch 56 V Lithium-ion Cordless Dual Port Self-propelled Lawn Mower
- This version of EGO Power+ is a cordless electrical self-propelled lawn mower with a 21 inch cutting width.
- It has 2 56 volts 5.0 Ah ARC Lithium-Ion batteries.
- EGO Power+ is also a dual battery port lawn mower.
- It can run up to 80 minutes on average grass quality with 2 fully charged batteries.
- It has 6 height adjustment facilities.
- Its speed varies from 0.9 mph to 3.1 mph.
The EGO Power+ is a different type of beast in the cordless electrical lawn mower category. It also has dual-port battery system. Each of these 5.0 Lithium-Ion batteries is of high quality and can hold more than an hour’s worth of charge each. With their combined power they can run up to 80 minutes.
Its 21 inch blade cutting width is so efficient. It has 3 in 1 grass clippings managing facility. It even has LED headlights in case if you want to mow the lawn at night.
It has varying speeds and it is so much easy to control. You will feel like you are running an actual mega-machine on your lawn.
- Easy power start
- Quick charging
- 80 minutes run time
- Dual battery port
- LED Headlights
- Strong steels deck
- Takes a long time to charge.
- The battery drains quickly on rough grass.
Snapper HD 48 V 20 inch Max Cordless Electric Self-propelled Lawn Mower
- This version of Snapper HD has a 20 inch durable steel mowing deck.
- It offers 3 in 1 grass clippings management.
- It has a 48V max 5.0 Lithium-ion battery, that runs up to 60 minutes.
- It has intelligent load sensing technology that tells you how much load it can carry with the remaining power level.
- It has 7 height position adjusters.
- The special thing about Snapper HD is that it can be stored vertically.
Snapper HD has brought their version of lawn mowers. Their self-propelled lawn mowers offer the standard lawn mower features, except for a few special things.
They offer strong high-quality batteries. The 48 v max power battery lasts a full 60 minutes on the field. However, run time depends on grass quality. 20 inch cutting width and 3 in 1 grass managing facility for mulching, side discharge, and rear bagging keep your yard well managed.
The thing we found special about Snapper HD is the Intelligent load sensor and vertical storing capability. We believe this self-propelled lawn mower is worth a check if you are looking for a good quality mower.
- Easy push start.
- Excellent load sensing technology.
- Mulch, bag, or side discharge facilities.
- Large grass clippings catcher bag.
- Vertical storage facility.
- Uncertain battery life.
- The battery loses quality over time.
Makita 36V Lithium-ion Brushless Cordless Self-propelled Lawn Mower
- This model of Makita has 2 18V LXT Lithium-ion batteries, which contributes to a total of 36V.
- It has a cutting width of 21 inches.
- If you buy this package of Makita self-propelled lawn mower you will get 2 free batteries with X2 kits.
- Lawn mower sped is between 1.5 mph and 3 mph.
- It has a longer run time due to having 4 bay batteries.
- It can mow up to ½ acre using 4 18V batteries.
Makita is trying to create a different breed of cordless self-propelled lawn mowers. Usually, a cordless lawn mower has one battery. But Makita is giving you the opportunity to attach up to 4 batteries. You can run the lawn mower with only 2 batteries but 4 is the max potential.
This means Makita offers the longest run time of all cordless self-propelled lawn mowers. It can mow up to ½ acres of land with this much power.
Other than that, it has all the normal facilities of a regular self-propelled lawn mower. It has a 21 inch cutting width, a steel mowing deck, a 3 in 1 grass managing facility, foldable storing, and many more. We don’t see why anyone won’t prefer this lawn mower.
- 4 batteries in total.
- Can run with only 2 batteries.
- Longer run time.
- Good for large yards.
- Foldable storage.
- Batteries need to be bought separately.
- The battery and charger are sold separately.
- Mowing power is weak.
KT Kobalt 40 V Max Brushless Lithium-ion Self-propelled Lawn Mower
- It has a cutting width of 20 inch.
- The KT Kobalt has a 40V 5.0 Ah Lithium-Ion battery. When fully charged, it provides a runtime of 30 minutes.
- It can mow from ¼ acre to ½ acre.
- This one also has a 3 in 1 facility for mulching, side discharge, and rear bagging of grass clippings.
- It has 7 height position adjustments.
The Kobalt KT has all the general features of a self-propelled cordless lawn mower. Where other brands offer features to either have double batteries, quadruple batteries for longer run time, Kobalt KT offers something different.
They offer the feature to interchange batteries while working. So it means you will not have to worry about running out of power. Where other brands with dual-port battery systems switch to the other battery automatically, Kobalt KT asks you to switch it manually.
This defines Kobalt KT as a great lawn mower for those with short lawns.
- Easy push-button starting.
- Extremely quiet.
- Battery indicator light.
- Battery interchangeable system.
- No clogging issues with the bag.
- Can be stored vertically.
- The bag fills quickly.
- Handle awkward to fold.
- Manual battery switching.
Alright, that was our list for the best quality cordless electrical self-propelled lawn mowers. You might have noticed that with every lawn mower the battery is a problem. They lose their quality very fast depending on usage. Also, you have to buy them separately.
We hope the manufacturers fix this problem as these lawn mowers truly are some of the best ones.
Why buy a Cordless Self-Propelled Lawn Mower?
A cord limits your ability to move freely. You are constantly worrying about the power plug and looking at the cord. You are always trying to make sure your cord doesn’t get damaged or someone trips on your cord. You can’t reach the corners of your lawn unless you have a really long cord.
Do you see where we are going?
Corded lawn mowers are a problem. They may not be a problem to the environment, but they do bring in a lot of inconveniences.
We are going to point out a few reasons as to why you should buy a cordless self-propelled lawn mower. Let’s get started.
Since you won’t need any burnable fuels to power your lawn mower, you won’t be having fumes either.
Cordless lawn mowers use battery power to work. So all you have to do is charge them properly before running them. You might have to pay extra for your electric bill, but it is a lot cheaper than your fuel cost if you had a gas-powered lawn mower.
Think about it. You have less cost due to no fuel requirement and you are protecting the environment by not releasing any toxic fumes.
Using a rechargeable battery means you can continuously refill your power source. It is a renewable power source and you don’t need to burn anything to get this power. All you will need is to charge it properly.
Do you think you will waste electric energy charging your batteries? Then get some Solar Panels. You can go full green mode if you use Solar panels to charge your lawn mower batteries.
That way you will save your electric bills as well.
A battery-operated lawn mower is obviously going to be much quieter than other alternatives.
Gas-powered or Gasoline-powered lawn mowers get power from burning gas. This burning process has to be consistent and as a result, it creates a consistent vibration. This vibration creates a lot of noise.
This noise is enough to cause your neighbors to lose their heads. No seriously, the noise pollution is very intense with gas-powered lawn mowers.
Fortunately, battery-powered lawn mowers don’t create this much noise.
It is true that battery-powered lawn mowers actually have very little maintenance requirement.
The only thing you need to concern about a battery-powered lawn mower is its battery. Batteries lose quality as time goes on. Fortunately, you can solve this simply by changing the battery. You won’t even have to go to the mechanics stop for that.
Battery-powered lawn mowers are that simple.
So after all of these things, now you tell us, do you find cordless self-propelled lawn mowers helpful? Do you think they are worth a shot?
You can check out our blog on things to consider when buying a self-propelled lawn mower.
Are Cordless Mowers self-propelled?
Yes, cordless lawn mowers are self-propelled. Battery lawn mowers were created to provide self-propelled lawn mowers a source of power. It is way better than gas-powered lawn mowers.
What is the best electric self-propelled lawn mower?
From our research and reviews, we can say that the EGO Power+ and Greenworks may be the best self-propelled lawn mower brands. But that is just our opinion.
How long does a cordless lawn mower battery last?
With good maintenance, a cordless self-propelled lawn battery can last up to 5 years. However, they lose quality very quickly. You might experience a longer charge time or quick power depleting.
Are cordless lawn mowers worth it?
Yes, they are absolutely worth it as they save a lot of effort. However, they lose quality very quickly over time.
Having a really good cordless self-propelled lawn mower in your garage is really helpful. These things can handle your lawn like it is nothing. Their environment-friendly features also make them really reliable and safe.
Also, they make you look really cool.
Just think about it. You will be able to get your lawn done in very little time with very little effort. You won’t create any noise nor release any fume while doing it.
You will be done with your work in a jiffy. No more time wasted on the weekends.You will be doing such a great job just by choosing to have one of these machines. So why not go for it? Just get one from our list of these cordless self-propelled lawn mowers.